The County Engineer issues Driveway Permits for County and Township roads. All driveway inquiries on State routes should contact the local State DOT garage. All new house numbers, not in municipalities, can use the New House Numbers Form. We also handle permitting of oversize and overweight vehicles on County and Township roads along with Right-of-Way Work Permits.

The Champaign County Engineer is also the Champaign County Flood Coordinator. Any construction within a flood plain should have an approved Flood Hazard Development Permit.

All forms may be picked up at the office of the Champaign County Engineer, or accessed on this website Here.

All permits may be emailed to [email protected]

Guidelines for the installation of underground fiber optic cable